Restore Your Smile With Dentures in Morris County, NJ
Do you want to replace your missing teeth to achieve a beautiful, complete smile? If so, dentures may be the perfect solution to fill in the gaps. The team at Seidner Dentistry & Associates can replace your missing teeth with partial dentures, dental implants, bridgework, or full dentures in Morris County, New Jersey. During your consultation, our team will explain the benefits of each denture type and help you decide which is best for your unique case.
Full Dentures Vs. Partial Dentures
Both options effectively replace missing teeth. However, depending on how many teeth you are missing, you may need either full dentures, partial dentures, or overdentures. There are a few considerations:
- Removable partial dentures are made up of replacement teeth and are attached to a base with a metal framework for support. They can replace smaller sections of missing teeth. Partial dentures replace only the teeth that are no longer healthy and functional.
- Full dentures (complete dentures) are for individuals who have lost all of their teeth or whose remaining teeth must be removed. Full dentures can be placed directly on the gums or utilize different stabilization techniques. Overdentures are full dentures that go over some of your natural teeth for secure positioning.
- Snap-in dentures (also known as denture implants) are dentures that are supported by implants in the jaw. They are more stable than complete dentures but don’t require the placement of individual dental implants.
Our dentist will evaluate the number of teeth you are missing and your overall dental health before determining which denture type will work best for you.
Dentures Vs. Implants
Complete dentures and bridges are cost effective and removable, while implants are a bigger investment that are permanently attached to your jawbone. Dental implants are screwlike titanium posts that are inserted surgically into the jaw and fuse to the bone. After the posts are fully healed and stable, our dentist screws a crown onto each implant to restore your smile.
Dental implants function exactly like natural teeth. The crowns are crafted to match your tooth color and shape. Additionally, dental implants:
- Are more stable than dentures
- Won’t slip or move as you chew
- Can withstand more pressure when biting down
- Can help your jawbone regrow
However, dental implants aren’t for everyone. They require excellent jawbone health and bone density, which many patients may not have after an extended period of missing teeth. Also, it may take months for the bone to heal around the posts before our dentist can affix the individual crowns, which can be an issue for those missing a significant number of teeth. Implants also tend to cost more than regular dentures, which can be a barrier for some patients.
Contact Us to Learn More
Our goal is for you to have natural and comfortable fitting partials and dentures. Contact us today, and we can address any questions or issues you may have with your dentures and help you with denture repair, maintenance, or replacement if necessary. If you are inquiring about denture costs or are looking for affordable dentures, our team can discuss your options. We can also show you how different types of dentures look before and after to aid in your decision.
To schedule a consultation for dentures in Morris County, NJ, call Seidner Dentistry & Associates at 973-598-9555.